Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

One week to go...

...no, no, no, not until the wedding!

Until my mother arrives!!

Now, this is both a good thing and a bad thing. My mother and I have an unusual relationship. Based on my absolute fear of her basically. I would do anything for my Mum; buy her gifts, keep her in good spirits, sell my first born, you get the idea. And unfortunately, she doesn't...quite...get it as to how I should be treated in return.

Many people regard this as status quo with their own parental units. I do not. I refuse to accept how criticism and (let's call a spade a spade) passive aggressive manhandling can masquerade as love or caring. I have had to accept that I must tell her nothing, if I do not wish her to bring it up in a public place and / or ridicule and use it against me for the rest of my life.

Albeit, I do tell her things, but I simply shouldn't. During "the incident" I went to her for advice. I got lovely support and lots of hand holding, but I also received a lifetime hate award for MF. Not that I should expect anything less, but she doesn't even hide her contempt. One day, we'll be lining up the grandkids for a visit to Great Grandma and she'd still roll her eyes whenever he would open his mouth. It is what it is.

So, with her arrival comes the obligatory head nodding that I am so accustomed to. "You hate my dress? Mmm, hmm. Mmm, hmm." "Oh, the room I spent three months researching for your specific needs and comfort isn't big enough. Mmm, hmm. Mmm, hmm."

Hopefully she won't get too drunk and say something in her speech (she is already planning a diatribe on my unusual use of Q-Tips when I was 12). But she also must remember, that I am the last to speak...and she really doesn't want to push me, right? Mmm, hmm. Mmm, hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.