Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Once more, with feeling

My favourite Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode, and most possibily my favourite television moment of all time, was the "Once more, with feeling" episode. The premise was that a curse made all of the characters sing and dance out their emotions, so instead of talking and arguing, they were tangoing and trilling out their angst. What made it all the more wonderful, was that they used all of their real singing voices, bringing to the show a lot of realism and a very emotional and personal experience.

I get the same little thrill when watching Bollywood movies. One moment, you are standing with your girlfriends in the marketplace, the next you are a singing and dancing homage to "that boy across the street". Pure brilliance.

I wish I could just break into song. Right now it would be "Dirge about a cold" as I am suffering with the sniffoos. I think it would actually be fairly humerous, as I can't pronounce L's, S's or T's.

"Ooooh, ooh, this code in my node
is gedding worze and worze
I cand even breed
so I'm singing out a dirge"

I can just imagine walking down the aisle, everyone singing out songs of celebration and throwing rose petals in the air, the girls standing on their seats and the men pirouetting below. It would make everything so much more festive, don’t you think?

Life simply needs more musical numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.