Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pampering

I am about to indulge in an absolutely insane and expensive amount of pampering, which is both very exciting and a little daunting given my propensity to freak out in spas.

It all started with a facial last Tuesday, "just to give myself a treat". We all know that any form of spa treatment after years of treatment drought only tend to lead to more treatments. The logic being that, if you don't treat yourself often enough, your esthetician thinks you are a cash cow waiting to be milked, and will try and sell you on every lotion, potion, and shiatsu-based-reiki-modulated-salt-rub available. After the facial, I barely escaped...with just a cleanser, toner and age perfecting serum tucked into my clammy little mitts

Sidenote: Mitts were clammy, because I was just frightened into purchasing, on the threat that "Don't I want to look my ABSOLUTE best on my wedding day? Hmmm???". Blackmail, blackmail, blackmail. But it works! How can a bride-to-be resist that? "Actually, no, I was thinking about just looking 'okay' for my big day". Yeah, ok.

So, today I have a fruit enzyme facial peel scheduled (and I still don't know what that is, or why I need it exactly). A manicure follows on Saturday (as penance from my brother for being such a dolt about this wedding). Next Tuesday is the eye and neck treatment, and a full European facial is the following Tuesday. Cut and colour at my salon the next week, before the full out pampering begings (I know, it's ludicrous!).

The week of the wedding has me exfoliated everywhere (yes, everywhere) and slathered with self-tanner to avoid me looking like the Corpse Bride. Then another manicure and pedicure, and a wedding day massage.

I'm going to glow dammit, if I want to or not!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reading this article made me want to go out and splurge on spa treatments like I use to. During university I had a good job and actually got a facial once a month along with a pedicure. Oh, I loved those days.

    Your piece made me want to get married simply for the pre-marriage pampering that comes with it.

    Good luck on your wedding day. Enjoy it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.