Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I've been on my knees all week :)

This is something that MB doesn't exactly like me saying when we are around company, but it's pretty much true. Tonight we go back to finish the laminate floors for a client. She had such an uneven floor that we had to level it with EZ Flow and leave for 24 hours, putting a huge crimp in our plans (and I'm sure, her's too) to get it done in a weekend. So back we go tonight for more knee-based hammering and sawing, followed by more painting in our bathroom. We can't use the shower until we paint the ceiling and therefore we are only having tepid baths so that the steam doesn't affect the primer. Renovations suck. After the walls, we have the trim to paint (more "on me knees" time). I'm getting old. My ass muscles can't take the strain!

MASSIVE SPECULATION REPORT:
On another note, since this is MB's side business and I'm just helping out as a favour, any money he earns is his to do with as he will (and since he has debt and I don't, I don't see this as unfair). I asked what he was thinking of spending his riches on, knowing that he wants to get a new router table and other tools. He looks at me and says he's not telling. I mention his plans for a router table and he says again "I'm not telling". I warn him to please not spend the money on me, because I am making more now and I don't need anything. And he just smiles at me. Could this be the beginning of something, or have I just been looking at way too many Bridal websites?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.