Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, April 25, 2005

I wish that I knew what I know now...

I live my life with no regrets.

Plenty of "oh god that was humiliating and horrific", but no regrets.

I feel that to regret is to deny what we have become, as we are the sum of our experiences, good or bad. That being said, I wish that I could tap my 15 year old self on the shoulder, and impart these words of warning:

1) Take care of your knees.
2) Drink more water.
3) Put sunscreen on your hands and moisturizer on your neck, and of course, keep putting both on your face.
4) Don't eat the Chicken a la King at the school cafeteria.
5) Look people in the eye more.
6) Stand up for yourself (I am the poster child for "Doormat - Now available in people size!")
7) Always have a comeback.
8) If you think someone is being rude, but you aren't quite sure, they are definitely being rude.
9) Stop biting your nails NOW! Not later. NOW!
10) You are not ready for a serious relationship. Wait until you are 25. Seriously.
11) Don't stop writing / acting / dancing ever.
12) Don't take American History as a degree. Take Journalism or Marketing. American History is a hobby, not a vocation.
13) Save your damn McDonalds paycheck. You'll need a house more than you'll need a new Alanis Morisette CD.
14) I know I have no regrets, but please avoid M, A, J, J and P. They contributed nothing but heartache to your life.
15) Don't be so aloof. I know you are just shy, but you come off as aloof.
16) Don't play games.
17) Don't sing karaoke in the Canary Islands.
18) Actually, just stay sober in the Canary Islands...that should solve a few issues.
19) Be sad about not having many friends. And then stop being sad and do something about it. Oh, and it's not just you. It's sometimes them.
20) Don't put up with any crap from your mother.
21) Yes, you are doing the right thing. No, you shouldn't look back.
22) The person who said "if you fall off the horse, you should get right back on" obviously hadn't been on "Fern", the demon pony. If you don't like horseriding, you don't have to do it.
23) Don't get drunk at Lisa's wedding.
24) Take more photos.
25) Don't go down the river rapids waterslide at Centerparks. Your nose will thank you for it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.