Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Soul Food

My version of soul food is the type of stuff I ate when I was a kid. Most of it sounds utterly disgusting now, but I indulge very occasionally. Today was peanut butter on celery sticks. Sounded good in theory, but now I'm completey grossed out and a little nostaglic. Some other foods I'll be trying again in the next few days to see if I can still keep them down:
  • Fried peanut butter and banana sandwich (the staple food of my teenage years)
  • Ramen noodles
  • Apple juice
  • Lucky Charms
  • Crumpets heated in the microwave with butter (bletch!)
  • Peanut butter and jam sandwich
  • Twix bars
  • Chocolate milk made from powder (like Nesquick)
  • Mashed potato on its own...as a meal
  • French bread pizza (God that makes me feel like gagging already)
  • Bagel bites
  • Pizza pockets
  • Club and Penguin bars (these will have to be imported from England)
  • Those little fruit jellies from Japan that look like eyeballs
  • Easy Mac (*gag*)
  • Anything in a juice box
  • Oooh! Oooh! Capri Sun's!
  • Cotton Candy
  • Spaghetti O's (on toast)
  • Baked beans
  • Tuna cassarole

I think that's enough for now. All of these foods bring back memories of either school lunches, snacks that I made before my Mum got home from work, or very distressing and cheepo University dinners. I don't know how I ever missed getting scurvy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.