Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Down the rabbit hole

I sit here today at my desk, dressed as Alice in Wonderland. I feel like a dork. However, I know that at least I resemble Alice in Wonderland, from my little Mary Janes to my blue dress and "Alice" hairband. I even have a stuffed Cheshire Cat. Clearly, I rock.

I went to a nightclub on Saturday dressed as a hula girl (pics to follow) and encountered not one, but four other hula girls. I was brave enough to be wearing a grass skirt, bikini and a smile. All but one were as daring.

I also plan to wear this getup tonight while being honorary candy server at our house. Hopefully I will get a comment. Last year, while wearing my favourite "Hello Kitty" t-shirt (no, not a costume), I got a "That's a really cool t-shirt" from a 6 year old.

It was the best compliment I think I've ever received. Again, clearly I rock.

I'm even leaving early from work to get home in time to see the young ones, often the best dressed of the bunch. Last year we got a 3 month old dressed as a pumpkin at about 5.30pm. I wouldn't miss that for the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.