Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow begins a monumental weekend of turkey eating. Whee. Sometimes I wish the Canadian Thanksgiving was more like the American one...or is that just a TV construct? I have this idea that an American Thanksgiving involves 12 happy people sitting around a huge and gorgeous spread (complete with tiny pinecone turkey placecards), chattering politely in their knitted pullovers before retiring for a spot of touch football where no-one gets mucky.

Here, there isn't a lot of symbolism to the event. It's a nice day, but in the end, it's just a long weekend. Not that it is even that for me...I don't get the Monday off as my company works as per the American calendar.

I cook my first Turkey tomorrow for the in-laws. I hope everything turns out for the best. Being me, I would like to take this moment to completely outshine all previous efforts of everyone who came before me. More than likely, I will end up with a turkey more like my Dad's...burnt on the outside, slimy raw on the in. Mmmm, cajun style.

So, here is what I have to give thanks for. Note that "Having the day off" is no longer applicable. I am thankful for:
  • MF
  • My job
  • A roof over my head
  • Money in the bank
  • My furkids
  • My general good fortune in recent days
  • Bunnies
  • Low sodium club soda
  • Ryan Reynolds
  • Laughter
  • Snuggling
  • Saturday mornings
  • My family (I guess)
  • Canadians
  • Registries
  • My peeps and homies
  • Cheese
  • Brad Pitt in "Troy"
  • Convoluted conversations
  • Blogging
  • Backrubs
  • Marcy, my colourist (yes, she really IS that good)
  • Television
  • Advice columns
  • Procrastination
  • The colour pink

I think that covers it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.