Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

If I'm "on-the-wagon", can I eat wagon wheels?

Day 6 of my renewed attempt at the South Beach diet. I finished the diet a month ago with little flourish and 8 pounds lighter. My 14 / 19 day stint seemed to have done well by my waistline. Then my sister arrived and we ended up in junk food hell...grabbing whatever we could eat in between activities. Then I got a call from the bridal store...my dress was in, well ahead of schedule. So I threw myself back into this no starch netherworld to try and shed just...a...little...bit...more before I have to go in for my fitting in early November. I am definitely well on the way to my goal weight.

Throw in some stripping, ahem, "exotic dance" lessons, some rock climbing, and lots of pretending to be at the gym, and it all looks very positive. But...

I'm starving. Starving! Damn this whole thing to hell, I want cake. And not just any cake, no, the ooey-gooeyist of cake, with cheesecake on the side and icing thick enough to hold up my grandmother without her walker. I want to swim in jello FULL FAT pudding and stuff lemon meringue pie into my mouth until it pushes out of my ears. I'd eat someone elses black forest if they weren't holding onto it. My teeth would make marks on the plate if I got my paws on pecan pie.

So I had a zero fat, sugar free yogurt. Which was nice.

*Sidenote: Not sure if you have them here, but Wagon Wheels (in England at least) were basically a Joe Louis which is (in Canada at least) is a chocolate coated, cream filled, oh-so-bad-for-you, trans fat ladened cake. Mmmmm. Trans fats....

1 Comments:

  • At 5:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.