Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, October 10, 2005

4 months is just a nice way of saying "2976 hours"

In four months, 1 day and 30 minutes, I'll be walking down the aisle. It's scary as hell. It's really hard to reconcile what should be a really happy and joyous event with my shyness, my nervousness and my over-active imagination. Will I trip? Will I catch fire? Will I cry?

Although catching fire is unlikely (though not impossible), I must start focusing more on what this means rather than what it is...what it all means is that I will become a wife, a lifelong companion, taking the first steps towards being something different in mindset and shape to what I am now. What it is is a party, a celebration, an event.

I fear I am in danger of being consumed by the wedding machine...focused on the placecards instead of on joining hands with my husband. I will endevour to do better (as soon as the invitations are out, that is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.