Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Claustrophobia makes you famished!

Something about being on an airplane, a glorified winged tin can, after a hideous takeoff combined with turbulence, appropriate baby screeching, and two-year-old kicking the back of your seat (natch) to bring on a case of the hungries.

There is NOTHING like the wafting smell of beef in goop drifting from the galley to make you realize you have never been quite as hungry as you are right now. This is not a joke. Something about airplanes makes me seriously ravenous, and those mysterious food platters (which, you know, are about 3 hours away from actually being served) and their teasing lingering scent go on their way to make me absolutely insane with hunger.

And now, sitting in my cubby while waves of luscious Lean Cuisine smells waft from the kitchen, I realize I have never, ever been this hungry in my life.

Damn you, plastic tray food that I cannot eat!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.