Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Somebody stop me...

...because I sure as hell can't stop myself.

After Tuesday's upset with the flooring, and Wednesday's apology and subsequent "making up", I am now back to dreaming (literally) about weddings.

Over the past month, it has become almost intolerable. I lay my head down on my pillow each night and these visions and dreams just spill from the sky: weddings, marriage, flouncing down an aisle, having babies, loving each other when we are old, just plain old being married.

It's our little routine in the car each morning that MB asks me what weird and wacky dream I had the night before. I am a very vivid dreamer, and he delights in what oddity my subconscience played with the previous night, especially as I can remember every last detail! After having one wedding dream last month, I told him about it to test the waters. It was a really cute dream actually. MB and I were going to get married, but it was so casual and relaxed. I put on a dress, he picked me up in his car and we drove each other to church, holding hands. I gave some lady in the last pew my jacket to hold while I got hitched. We walked down the aisle together, hand in hand. It was sweet, and it was real. I told him all of this and he seemed good about it, but after the second, third and fourth dream on the same theme, I decided to keep my mouth shut for fear of scaring him off in some way.

However, I am now scaring myself with the intensity of all of this. Yes, I do want to be married to him, yes, I would like to get married before I'm an old maid. However, I'm more looking forward to being MARRIED, not to having a WEDDING (which is just a party in a white dress, really). The other night, I dreamt that MB was Tom Cruise (i.e. he looked like himself, but he was Tom Cruise!) and we were getting married in a hotel, and I was throwing my batchelorette party. Another night, we were having a baby. Other times, we are just plain old walking down the aisle.

It's all confusing, and I wish it would stop. It's making me nervous and on edge about the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.