Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Superficial blogging to return after this post...

It saddens me to think that people are sitting on the edge of their seats, waiting for a spark to ignite the touchpaper that makes up their temperament.

While it is unfortunate that cartoonist think that it is ok to caricature the Prophet Muhammud (it isn't), reaction should come in the way of discourse and debate, not burning / throwing / killing.

Am I a loony? Is this irrational? Are these people just naturally angry?

It's a BAD thing that the cartoonist are doing, don't get me wrong. But why this reaction?

If something that Canadians love and cherish beyond all things (say, bear claws, Tim Horton's coffee, or Wayne Gretzky) were threatened or insulted, we may have some strong words, but I don't believe I would incite a riot.

Or would I?

Timmy's does make an excellent double double.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.