Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A quick note to Jennifer Connolly

Dear Jennifer,

Just want to say, love your work. You were a real role model for me in Labyrinth...I wanted to grow up to be just like you. I know you disappeared for a while, and was thrilled when you found it back onto the screen and back into our hearts as the drug addict that uses a double dick on some random girl. Priceless.

I'm just as riveted to your most recent project, entitled "Dark Water". I found that it gave me a unique insight and perspective on the fundamentals of apartment block plumbing. The way the pipes rusted out...wow. The drama. In fact, the look on your face when the drywalling was being completed, ooh, gave me chills. How do you bring that type of emotion to the screen? I know I was fully prepped that this was indeed a horror film, but tell me...in that pivotal laundry room scene, how difficult was it to react in absolute fear to a visual effect created, I believe, for my other favourite horror film "The Frighteners"? I mean, the way you just freaked out when the water went brown...again...it must have been hard to keep up that tension, since we had already seen the same reaction about twenty times before that point.

You have given me a new found respect for leaks and buckets, and your performance has definitely made me want to pee in the near future.

Looking forward to seeing you in something equally good in the coming months,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.