Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Sex, Lies and Vera Wang

Sex:

Had a fight with MF last night about something utterly ridiculous and ended up sleeping on the couch (after falling down the stairs...yes it's official, I am a clumsy dumbass). Anyway, I had the most ridiculous dream about running away from MF and finding my ex, who was, of course, still completely in love with me, and we ended up getting married. I had butterflies, the whole thing over this guy who, during the 3 years we were together, gave me no such thing. I find it all so odd, but I woke up with this sense of longing, a sense of "rescue me" from this whole thing. I wonder if I'll ever see him again, not for anything untoward, just wondering if our paths will cross at one point.

Lies:

I am upset at my father. After all he has (or most appropriately, has not) done for me, I was pleasantly surprised when he told me he was going to fund our wedding. We hired a ccordinator, looked at lovely venues, planned a lovely wedding. We even gave him a budget with a "We pay / You pay" column which he said "sounded low". So we looked for places that were in that budget, knowing that he would want us to have a nice, high quality place.

He changed his mind.

He now wants to only pay half. Which would have been fine if he had told us that upfront. No, he told us "just send me the bill". I would have NEVER hired a coordinator if I was paying half, nor would we have gone to look at the really nice venues. Now we have to decide what to cut, since we have already booked the coordinator and the venue, those things can't be changed. While I appreciate his generosity, I wish he was upfront. Now I just feel sick.

Vera Wang:

Went to Vera Wang this weekend, because I will never ever be able to go, in good conscience, to try on dresses again. I put one on. It was, of course, fabulous. However, part of me says "Do you really love it, or do you love it because it's a Vera Wang?".

I put the dress back on the hanger and never looked back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.