Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My worst fear realized...

...and no, it doesn't involve oompa-loompas. Instead, it involves me having to go through the most bone-melting, gut-wrenching, bile-inducing process I can imagine.

Making a decision.

I hate making decisions. I'm a professional fence sitter. I'd rather say "I don't know" than speak my mind. Why, you may ask? I don't know.

The most dreaded conversations I've had usually involve what I want to have to eat. "What do you want to do for dinner? MF asks..."I don't know", I reply, because sushi, linguine with clams and white wine sauce or filet of beef with warm hollandaise usually isn't an option.

However, I DO have an opinion, but I can't give it. I know what my options are...if I want to cook, then the choices are quite expansive. If I don't want to cook, my choices are hamburger helper, pork chops (yes, just the chops), spaghetti bolognaise, or Shake and Bake. Vegetables do not feature in the meal plans. So I say "I don't know" to avoid making him feel bad that he won't be able to provide those things I DO want.

Anyhoo, I digress. I have to make a decision on the venue for our wedding. It will either be out-of-town upscale golf club or stunningly posh downtown hotel. Both are freaky expensive...both are wonderful in their own very unique way. The golf club will show the snow, is very accomodating, and seems to fit our style. The hotel is jaw droppingly stunning, and something I would never in a trillion years be able to afford if my Dad wasn't helping. But something about it is too ostentatious, too grand for us. Not that we don't deserve grand, we do, but it just screams "GRAND!".

So, that's decision number 1. Decision number 2 lies in the dress. Believe it or not, I'm going to Vera Wang on Saturday (me...in Vera Wang...seriously, I must be dreaming) and by mid-next week I'll need to choose a dress. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't look so damn good on me. The assistant was in shock, saying that most people can't find one dress that looks good (and thus have an easy time of choosing when they find one that does). I am blessed and cursed with a perfect "bridal body"...almost designed to wear a big poofy meringue. It will be a frickin' chore trying to narrow down the choices...something I HATE to do at the best of time.

Just read what I had written above...oh poor me, having to choose a posh venue and a Vera Wang dress, wah wah wah. Ok, I'll shut up now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.