Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

This week in history

1979: In New York. Enjoying sights and sounds of post office at 5am in cramped 1 bedroom apartment. I can remember snippets of things, Central Park zoo, carriage rides, a Kermit the Frog I had.

1981: Celebrating my first birthday with a brother. I don't remember being good at sharing, so I couldn't imagine how this went down exactly.

1985: First birthday in England...enjoying the fine weather with new friends. Good times.

1987: Cake made by my Mum's office caterer. I guess he thought adding rum to a children's birthday cake was ok. Guests not amused.

1990: Most awkward birthday ever. 13th. Big glasses, braces, crappy hair cut, unfashionable clothes. The worst.

1995: 18th birthday festivities last the majority of the week. Most awesome. Can now officially drink in front of parents. Last hurrah with most of my friends, we are off to Uni a few short weeks from now.

1998: Received diamond earrings from my step-father, who left my mother weeks previous. Spent most of the time wondering what my mother was saying to all of the guests that she had invited to the party, invited long before he left. A strange day.

2000: First birthday of the new millenium, first birthday spent in Canada since I was 7. Dating J, living with my Dad, up to my eyeballs in debt and having an absolute blast. My ex, P, would bring me flowers at my office the day after my birthday and we would start it all up again. Big mistake.

2001: Caught in my relationship with P by J while in England visiting Mum. Yep, that was stupid. A birthday to go down in the annals, I'll tell ya...

2002: New job, new start, new place. Upset that a person I considered my friend at work forgot my birthday. Invited to a party at his parents to make up for it. That night, he became MB!

2005: New job, new start, new place. Starting off my birthday month engaged, happy and in love. Summer doesn't get much better than this. Somehow, it all seems worth it...but then again, it always is, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.