Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

So long, and thanks for the socket set...

You know that I haven't yet heard if my Dad liked the socket set I bought for him for Father's Day. I swear to God, some people. My Dad is simply the strangest man I have ever met. Apart from my step-mother, or as she's known now "She-who-refuses-to-acknowledge-me". Did you know that I picked up a decorative glass bowl for her while I was in Niagara "just because" and I haven't heard from her either. Not even a "Hey...I got what you sent" call, or word sent through my Dad (although if he is denying a present too, maybe I'm just buying them crap stuff and I don't deserve acknowledgement).

My step-mother's 50th birthday present from MF and I was a website. She's been meaning to build one for ages now, so I said I'd do the programming and MF would do the graphic design. This isn't cheap stuff. Just give me a call and we'll go over her specifications. That was in May. Nothing.

My Dad asked what I wanted for my birthday (he fired his secretary, otherwise I'd be having this conversation with her). I thought about it carefully and I said "quality time" with him. Three dinners or activities over the coming three months, so that we could spend some time together. MF just said I threw my present away. I think he may be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.