Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Dad bringz da noise...

It was an evening of witty banter, the equivalent of a verbal game of tennis. But, after all kidding fell aside, the results were in...Dad has now figured out that any wedding that he would be only minorly uncomfortable showing up at will have to be quite the affair, and as such, he is willing to fund it. In his words, "just let me know how much you want". In the unlikely event (although you never really know in this town, my Dad is fairly well known) that this wedding ends up in some sort of magazine, I have been told to make it classy and elegant. I'm certainly not complaining, my intention was never to go crazy (i.e. no dove releases, Tiffany favours or Donald Trump style nuptuals), so I guess I'll just give him my "Wedding Scenario A" spreadsheet and wait for the heart attack.

I had no idea how much weddings cost. None. I worked it all out for certain venues, and my god they bump up the prices for the white dress crowd. Eh, well...looks like I won't have to worry about the reception, just the dress, favours etc.

He's also insisting on throwing us an engagement party after I told him that my brother's girlfriend, L, was going to host us one in the party room of her condo and ask everyone to BYOB. It's nice to know that he will pitch in if there is a threat of being shown up in any way. I don't care if the party is BYOB, but he worries that the family will think he is in someway cheap...nothing like that to open up the wallet.

Anyway, the search for venue and date continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.