Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Friday, June 17, 2005

*sigh*

I give up, I give in...I'll just curl up in a ball and someone can poke me with a stick when it's all over. I thought this was meant to be a happy time...but no, of course it can't be. This is me afterall, the living epitome of "every cloud has a frig load of hail inside".

I had a brief conversation with my Dad over email today. Here it is:

-----------------
From Me to Dad
Hey Dad,
Just to give you a bit of an update on what we are up to etc (not that you probably care, but you may have a vested interest at some point!).
This is the location we are looking at (see attached for details)...let me know your thoughts!

From Dad to Me
Great place - your stepmother and I actually crossed over many years ago at someone's wedding here.
Can you afford the place?
I hear from your mother that you are thinking of a winter wedding. Don't - no one will come. Hey, wait, think about a winter wedding - then I don't have to come!
There is still time to take the elopement door. Could be more profitable for you.
-----------------
From Me to Dad
Fantastic place isn't it...and no, I most definitely cannot afford it alone...
Why wouldn't anyone come to a winter wedding? I'm sure my mother and siblings have a slight obligation to come, no matter what time of year it is...anyone else who shows up from England is gravy.
February is a very reasonable time of year for vendors...you should be thanking me :)
-----------------
From Dad to Me
Think again, kid.
-----------------
From Me to Dad
So you don't think it would be perfect?
-----------------
From Dad to Me
Ho ho ho
-----------------
From Me to Dad
Ok, I'm a little confused now. Do you not like the place, or is it that you won't be helping out financially?
-----------------
From Dad to Me
1. I will not be attending a winter wedding
2. I am happy to have your mother and I help out financially, but that means that we need to get involved in your financial choices (euuuuwwww!) unless we can just write a cheque and say - you deal with it.
3. I like the venue - it's great - just the place for your mother's big SPRING hat.
-----------------
From Me to Dad
Are you not here for the winter? I've always wanted a winter wedding.
-----------------
From Dad to Me
Tough.

So, it's either have the wedding when I've always dreamed of having it, or have my Dad attended and help me out with the cost.

Rock, meet hard place.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if he just wasn't being such an asshole about things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.