Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Only me...

I have learnt (with some difficulty) to accept that whatever I do, plan or organize will all fall to shit at some point.

Our weekend at Niagara was just one of those events.

Ah, the best laid plans, right.

The inn was quite nice. Certainly not as nice as the amount of money I paid for it, but nice nonetheless. The fire alarm started when I was fresh out of the shower. I managed to grab a dress and head outside into the 40 degree heat (yes, really). Hair was ruined in the humidity. Dinner was delayed due to the fire in the kitchen (yes, really) and so we ate a little later. Everything I ordered had coriander in it, to which I am allergic. I just have to be more careful nowadays...I always thought that coriander was a "mentionable" on the description, but it's more of a staple today. After dinner I had to scramble MB for a walk, being that I had booked a horse and carriage ride for us and we were already running late because of the fire alarm. I was half pulling him down the street and arrived just in time. Oh, but they lost our booking. We'd have to wait 30 minutes. Did I mention the 40 degree heat? So, we wander around the block a few times while I curse wearing my highest and most uncomfortable shoes. 45 minutes later we have our carriage. Surprise is completely gone...oh well. We get in and approximately 20 minutes later we are deposited back...what about the last 10 minutes? Oh, well they are running late. Not impressed.

Next morning, the kitchen is under repair and therefore no cooked breakfast that is part of our package. It's continental instead, which would be fine if that is what we actually got. I am from the continent damnit, I know what is served at one of these things, and no, it isn't banana muffins and cocoa puffs!

Anyhoo, we are back now. It's so damn hot that everything is shimmery outside and the floor has heaved so much in the office that it is like walking on parquet waves. That sounds terribly poetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.