Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Ah, 5.48pm, my arch-nemesis....

5.48pm is the worst time of the day, almost without exception. 12.05pm is pretty crappy too, but 5.48pm takes the horkin biscuit.

I should have been an adult in the 50's when 5-ish was cocktail time. I could go for a martini right now...mmm, with three olives....mmmm.

Instead, I've got 12 lousy minutes until I can get off the same chair I've planted myself in all day, stretch my legs and fuck off home.

If I leave in 11 minutes, I get those funny looks...the ones that say "Oh sure, YOU leave at 5.59pm, slacker. I saw you come in at 9.04am too. I'm telling!"

Maybe a Black Forest Martini, with vanilla vodka and freshly crushed raspberries. Mmmm. Actually, even a G and T would go down a treat. Or just a beer. An icy, just-out-of-the-cooler-when-you-are-camping beer. Yeah.

Seriously, I'm not an alcoholic.

Yeah, a beer...in a frosty mug...with pretzels.

Oh, OH and the Leafs game on. Yeah. Ok, so no Leafs game, but a gal can dream.

Maybe a pizza later. Actually, that sounds like a really good idea. Pepperoni with garlic powder, oregano and crushed red pepper, drizzled in olive oil.

I'm hungry.

6 minutes.

Ok, now 5.54pm is officially the worst time ever. Much worse than 5.48pm. I don't have anything to do, finish off, summarize or conclude before days end and I don't want to start anything new because I won't be able to get my head around it tomorrow. So I'll just sit instead.

Oh, I got my new pod yesterday. No, not ipod (I wish), my office pod. I call it my podling. No-one gets it. Now I don't have to stare across my desk at my colleague...nice though he is, it gets tiring.

2 minutes.

That was 3 minutes, but I'm procrastinating now. Story of my life really.

Well, that's me done. Another work day accomplished. Buh-bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.