Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Baked Brie Anyone??

Soooo, my Dad called. Momentary spasm of panic where I wonder if I have vastly underestimated his power of Googling and he has found my blog, warts and all. Especially since he phoned almost an hour after I posted about him not inviting me to his place up North (or at least providing the "Hey, you two should come up" and then never really inviting us for a firm date and time). Also, I have taken a huge risk by putting the word Chronosynchlasticinfindibulum in my posts, as I realized that I am not the only person in the world using that word. He does too.

Anyhoo, he called and invited us up to the farm for Sunday. Sweet. I offered to cook dinner, but he demoted me to hors d'oeuvres. No problems. MB will provide his infamous baked brie, and I will whip up something so smashing, so delicious, so extraordinary, that I will be in good graces again.

I just have no idea what to cook yet.

Bacon wrapped scallops? Nah.
Shrimp ring? Cop-out.
Liverwurst with cheese whiz demi-glaze? Hehe.

I will therefore be spending much of my day at work on foodtv.ca! Rock on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.