Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Ah, the ancient art of kar-ah-oh-kay

I am fully versed in the ancient martial art of kar-ah-oh-kay. Until this weekend, that is. On Sunday I sang "Toxic" to a full house at Boston Pizza. Stylin'. I was so bad, so very bad, that the song is now officially off my roster. Permanently benched. It joins other unplayables as Crusin', Never Ever by Allsaints, and (can I possibly forget the total and utter humiliation of) Fields of Gold. These are like the Kansas City Royals of my singing lineup.

The only song I can sing consistantly well is "Don't Know Why" by Nora Jones, which is appropriate, cause I don't know why either. Somehow, my "solid hymnal voice" becomes positively sultry when I sing that one. I sometimes get slow dancers. Is cool.

Hell, I'm no Canadian Idol, not even close. But it does take cojones to go up there and sing your little heart out in front of aggrevated drunk people, kind of reminds me of that scene in Blues Brothers at times. All I know is, I'll keep trying new stuff, getting re-humiliated over and over again. It's fun in the most sadistic way possible. Don't Know Why I keep on going....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.