Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Action = reaction

Sometimes I wonder just where people are coming from. Actually, I just wonder what the hell they are thinking. Reactions to my barely contained joy have included the following:
  • But it's cold in February - My mother
  • Do I have to come? - My father
  • *nothing at all* - Step-Mother and Half-Sister
  • Oh that's absolutely wonderful *while crying* - The receptionist at my old job, when told by MB (Ha! Just realized I have to change this...ok, from now on, he's MF)
  • I'm thinking of asking a vet out on a date - Ex-friend, as below
  • *nothing at all* - Grandmother
  • I've got goosebumps! - Friend of MF's family
  • You could have the wedding here! - Proprietress of Inn that almost burnt to the ground while we were there
  • *nothing at all* - Aunts, Uncles and Cousins
  • It's about bloody time - Almost everybody

I will post in the blog once (if) I hear from my immediate family that they are, of course, thrilled for me.

I just don't know what I expected to be honest...I expected people to be happy and wish me well I guess. I guess I also wanted to be the centre of attention for a few seconds (those who know me understand that this doesn't happen very often). I also wanted people just to acknowledge the important step I am about to take. But I guess I also have to realize that this doesn't mean as much to other people, it is only a nice interlude in an otherwise boring day...hardly worth recognizing in fact. It would just be a piece of news that makes them go "Ah, well that's nice" before finishing off their lunch or the laundry.

I just put so much stock in other peoples opinions and feelings (I am the first to send a card / wish well on any occasion) that I thought they would feel the same way towards me, but they don't.

It just is so nice to hear from someone who I maybe haven't spoken to in a while tell me that they think of me, they wish me well, and that they will be looking forward to my happiest future.

I suppose I should have a wedding filled with receptionists, cleaning ladies, dry cleaners and friends of friends, rather than a bunch of relatives who don't want to pick up the phone. I wish it was that easy.

But such is this type of thing...a series of happy moments indispersed with upsets. I am just in an upset at this particular point in time.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    buy facebook likes
    get facebook likes

    http://www.salesandmarketing.com/article/talk-money http://www.sanduskyregister.com/registercam
    buy facebook likes buy facebook likes get facebook likes
    I'm looking for the best antivirus program. I want to stay under $60 a year. I was thinking of Eset nod32 or Bitdefender. What antivirus program do you recommend?

    get facebook likes buy facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]1000 facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.