Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My Saturday Plans...

Oh so looking forward to this weekend. On Friday evening MB will take his mother out for a nice Mother's Day dinner, leaving me to my lonesome to get some serious scrapbooking done. It will be nice just to have the cats, a gluestick and my scissors for company.

Sidenote: When I was very young, I absolutely loved the craft table at school (often refered to as "cut and paste" over here). I often wondered what could be done later in my life to bring back that basic joy of chopping stuff up and gluing it back together. Well, scrapbooking is it!

On Saturday we head off to the Maple Festival in the next town over. Most small towns have these things, which I adore. Yes, it's always MUCH lamer than you think it is going to be, but what is more fun than having a pancake breakfast with liberal amounts of syrup, followed by wandering the country craft stalls and getting a maple candy apple to munch on the way home? Heaven!

Saturday afternoon I depart for Toronto to meet my brother's girlfriend for retail therapy and high-end clubbin'. Sunday, I'm trying to finagle some time to myself in Toronto in order to go shopping alone, get some real work done!

A busy weekend, but it will be great! And hopefully MB will finish the bathroom while I'm away so we can shower again! Yippee!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Barlet Starlet,

    As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my directory on bathroom sink top and other bathroom studies to be useful.

    Why not submit your own articles on bathrooms to my free directory ... sharing your information will help others and you also get the benefit of recognition and a valuable backlink to your own site. If convenient, come and take a look at my articles on bathrooms now!

    Best Regards
    Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.