Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Friday, April 29, 2005

I didn't know this would be so stressful...

...so I'm just going to stop thinking about getting engaged. Promise no more posts until it happens.

Instead, I'm going to talk about Paris Hilton. Because I can.

I may not exactly be the most hip or with it person, but I'm not too shoddy. I know my J Lo's, my P.Diddy's and what "crunk" means.

But what the hell happened in the world to allow Paris Hilton to get so huge (figuratively)? Is this the second coming? Is the Apocalyse nigh? At what point did someone say, "you know what the kids really need? They need someone to look up to...to give them guidance in this world. We need someone that will let those precious children know that, even in this time of uncertainty and war, there is something that can be depended on, relied upon, something certain and stoic to give them a sense of belonging and place".

And this beget Paris Hilton. And it was not good.

That spoiled bitch has made me ashamed of my generation, and despairing for others. Why do we put some piece of skanky, white-trash-with-a-mastercard slut on a pedestal? Gosh, that was a little rude of me, but COME ON! Someone who makes a living out of taking her clothes off (oops) and losing her cell phone (oops) and ditching friends (oops) and stealing boyfriends (oops) and having a boy-toy BECAUSE he has the same name as you and it's just so, like, totally cute and some junk.

Purlease. It makes me mad that there are relevent role models out there, and I can't see them because of all the stupid Guess posters, House of Wax trailers and Entertainment Tonight garbage press that this girl gets.

I'm starting to look up to Brittney Spears. Seriously.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:24 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! You really are very talented and deserve an honest compliment, congradulations! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a ez home based business opportunity site/blog. It pretty much covers ez home based business opportunity related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time, Scott :-)

     
  • At 5:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
    drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
    the information you have posted here.
    Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
    If you have a moment, please make a visit to my top 10 computer games site.
    Good luck in your endeavors!

     
  • At 12:09 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Technology really is an inescapable aspect of our daily lives, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.

    I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about almost every day.

    (Posted by R4Post for R4i Nintendo DS.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.