Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

All for the sake of anonymity...

I did something this weekend that I can't exactly write about, so I'm going to have to be indirect about the whole thing. The reason? I need to preserve my "secret identity". My intention was never to have friends read this whole thing, as I am brutally honest to a fault, and I didn't want to censor myself. However, I feel that I can't be direct today...the story is that I went to a "show" with MB and friends of ours whose father was in the "show". And it was awful. Because I'm can't guarantee that these friends won't do a google search for reviews of the show, as the key words they may use would land them smack in my blog, I'm dancing around the subject.


My review of said "show"
The show involved the style of four people singing in harmony...traditionally a style that is related to hairdressing (stay with me people). We went as a favour to our friends, and expected a night of light acapella (which I enjoy very much). What transpired was a three hour nightmare of hairdressing singing...THREE HOURS! Yes, it was fun for the first song...maybe song and a half. After that it was all downhill. In all, there were 10 acts, all singing in that horrific flat monotone that is specific to hairdressing singing. I almost choked MB for dragging my there after the children's group of hairdressing singers came out. I wanted to die. DIE!

During the intermission (thank you God) I almost made a bolt for it. We were requested by the MC to pick up some creamy-chocolate-and-vanilla-slabs cut into small pieces (seriously, this would be a complete flag if I spelled it out) made by the ladies of the hairdressing society. Oh, no thank you...I've just quit eating creamy-chocolate-and-vanilla-slabs cut into small pieces...too bad.

MB and I spent the second half gripping each other, willing each other to stay put, while I pinched myself so as not to cry / laugh.

Insult to injury moment: The friends asked if we would be interested in attending the "post-party" which involved all of the groups getting together and switching singing parts, for fun and frivolity. We excused ourselves, to the disapproval of the friends. Oh well. I would have rather poked a pencil through my eye and swirled it around some before I went to that thing.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.