Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Everybody's Working for the Weekend...

...but why bother? The thing is just too damn short.

I'm just feeling a bit blue right now, and I have absolutely no reason to be. I have a job, it pays well, I should be enjoying what I do, but part of me just feels so "eeh". My thoughts keep turning to vacations, maternity leave (can you believe it!) and not working ever again. I guess this is just a Monday feeling, but I can't help but mull over the whole "why work?" thing in my mind.

Of course, it all comes back to "you have to work, you idiot. You need to show up and get paid, so just quit your whining and get on with it".

I just long for...something. I just don't know what it is yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.