Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Prayer from my youth...

Dear God,

It's me. Sorry I haven't talked to you for like, ever. I just wanted to ask you for one thing. Seriously, just one teensy tiny thing, and if you let me have my wish, then I promise to be good for ever and ever. I promise not to ask for anything ever again. If you give me my wish, I'll never eat chocolate / l*st after boys / always do my homework on time / never talk back to my Mum. I'll do whatever you want me to do except become a nun.

Thank you, Amen, in your name and all that.

Barlet

(Note: This prayer was used multiple times during the ages of 13 and 15, most predominantly during the "Braces and Glasses" phase. It eventually was superseced by the "Anguish in Diary" era, which developed into the "Bad Poetry in Journal" stage. This has now evolved into the "Self-flagellating blogging" phase. Thank you)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:44 a.m., Blogger d said…

    The self-flagellating blog phase is of course the best. Until you have Random House publish your age 16 diary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.