Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, February 28, 2005

I don't feel like being amusing today

I wake up in the morning at 5.50am
in the car by 6.45am
subway by 8am
work by 9am
work until 5.30pm
home by 7.30pm
gym until 9pm
bed by 10pm
repeat x 5

I sometimes think I'm too frail for this life, I'm not strong enough. How can I possibly do grownup things like fill out tax returns, buy stocks, or apply for a mortgage, let alone the things that really matter: get married, raise babies, deal with death? Not only do I have to wake up every morning and BE, but I also have to be smart, funny, flexible, dedicated, clever, analytical, loving, s*xy, calm, rational, understanding, and an upteen amount of other things to different people.

I'm not sure if I can do it. I'm too young and inexperienced for this. People have given up over less. I think I'm going to break.

And then I realize I'm being an idiot. Of course I'm strong enough. I am English after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.