Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Whiney McWhiney Pants

MB (My Boyfriend) is sick. Oh so very sick. On the one hand, I want to fetch him things and talk in soothing baby tones, like "Aww, is oo de icky sicky? Is oo? As oo got de sniffoos?" and such. Fortunately (unfortunately), this routine wears on me very quickly...I am an impatient nurse. One day of death-bed agony I can take...but it's going on a week now, and I am now getting to the point where every "Sweeeeet-iiieeeeee? Can you fetch / bring / lift / wipe? request is beginning to make me resentful. Maybe it's because when I'm sick, life still goes on, you know? When I'm sick and take the day off, I still wash the dishes and clean the cat litter, otherwise I would feel totally useless and feel like I'm MILKING IT. Maybe I should milk it, just a little next time? Maybe I should take him to the hospital? Oh God, I'm a bad girlfriend, aren't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.