Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

One ring to rule them all....bwah ha ha....

Couldn't help but have that go through my mind as we were looking at wedding bands today. I kept on envisioning MF choosing this huge gold band, with engraving in Elfish inside which, roughly translated, would read "Put it back on". The rings were a little "eh". I felt very so what about the process and I should have been excited. The sales person put this air about me immediately, as we became just another number in a long line a brides and grooms she probably sees in a week. Damnit, this is special for me, and god help me, but it should be special for you too! At least have the heart to pretend! That's been the killer vibe from most of our vendors, a huge air of "here we go again", which you'd think they'd even attempt to hide. Not so much.

So we'll probably go custom and get something we really like. MF fell in love with a custom bronze ring, which I like too. I'll make an appointment with "The Forges of Mount Doom" as soon as we have some spare time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.