Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Friday, July 29, 2005

The weekend forecast...

...calls for sunny skies, a camping trip and hotdogs over an open flame. Yes, our annual "Hightail it to Algonquin" trip starts tomorrow! I love this trip...what's better than hitting the road, stopping for the best ice cream in the country along the way, getting lost in little towns and picking up our canoe for a paddle into the deepest darkest national park in Ontario? Nothing, that's what! After an hour of paddling, those hotdogs are the best tasting things in the world. Three days of naked lounging, naked swimming and naked weenie roasting...bliss. Best of all, you cannot hear or see another living soul for miles (thankfully, due to the naked stuff) so it will be just MF and I...talking, chilling, reading a book (which I haven't done in a shamefully long time), playing cards, making out and fending off bears. Love it.

It's times that these that I am so thankful to have found a soul so akin to mine. I couldn't imagine one person that came before that would be so complementary to my needs, my likes, my dislikes, that I would feel so safe in those deep dark woods with.

So in love and happy (and thankful) right now.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.