Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I am not the size of a house (or high), honest...

Realizing how much of my life (and my blog) is food-centric has given me a bit of a jolt. I always knew I loved food (to eat, not in a "special" kind of way) but to realize what a huge part it plays in my day-to-day wellbeing and mood is kind of disturbing.

I don't just think about food, I'm pretty sure I've reached the obsession phase. I think about what I am going to eat next all the time. When I've had breakfast I plan lunch, when I have lunch I think I could eat a snack later. On the drive home, the conversation is always focused on dinner. I worry when I go to someone's house that I won't be fed in close enough intervals. I am a girl on a mission...a stomach mission.

I think a lot of it stems to my low blood sugar (at least, that's what I'm calling it) because I get cranky and irritable if I don't eat regularly. But it's not just the timing, it's the quantity...I tend to overfill my plate and eat the whole thing. Bizarre.

And after all of this, I'm a size 5, trying to lose about 10 more pounds for the wedding. I admit I need some toning, but I'm not exactly Starr Jones here. I'm surprised that I'm not in a mu-mu right now.

I'm going to dinner with clients tonight (my first official "dinner with clients" ever...go me!) and I'm not thinking about dinner conversation...I'm thinking about choice of entree.

I need help!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 a.m., Blogger Jennifer said…

    That would be a Canadian size 5...I have a feeling that would put me at a US size 8? I don't know...either way, I'd like to be the size I was in college. My frame just looks better with less jiggle around the lowlands, if you catch my drift!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.