Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Thinking about eating something

I have half of my lunch sitting underneath my desk. It's staring at me, willing me to eat it. I'm not hungry, but I may be (as an ex so articulatley put it) "tasty". I don't want to eat, but I'd like to taste something, and it would do the job.

Lunch was purchased (and half consumed) at this little hole in the wall Chinese place around the corner. I believe it was called "A-B-C Chinese Food"...real knack for names those folk. I ordered the interestingly titled "Rainbow Meat and Shrimp Vermicelli", but only after asking what "Rainbow Meat" was (hoping it wasn't Leprechaun). Turns out Rainbow Meat is "red and green peppers, onions, and bean sprouts", which confused me slightly. In clarification, I asked if there was any meat in Rainbow Meat, to which I was informed "yes", Pork. Ah, alrighty then.

What I got was a very tasty (if a tiny bit bland) vermicelli mountain. Mt. Noodle. Chinese people were hiking it, it was so huge. I didn't know whether to eat it or conquer it for British posterity. Mr. Creosote would have looked at it and said "Gosh, that's really quite large".

I then proceeded to maw my way through it, and to my shame, I could have finished the whole thing. Only common decency (ok, and non-elasticated pants) prevented me. Dignity intact, I put down my chopsticks and took the remaining hillock back to work.

So now I'm tasty and I want to finish it (curse my "clear your plate" upbringing...no food can be left undigested). Nothing is stopping me except pride and perhaps heartburn. I do have a dress I'll need to fit into but DAMMIT I want Rainbow Meat! I'll let you know if I make it to 5.30 without caving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.