Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Day 5 of the South Beach Diet...weeeeeeak...

There's a reason I haven't been blogging much recently. Too....weak to....type.

Actually, it's because it's been crazy busy at POW and in homelife. I'm really under the gun at work and desperate to perform to the high standards expected. For the first time in my life I feel under pressure to deliver at work. It is not a feeling I am used to because I have always exceeded expectations at previous posts. Now, I'm feeling stretched. It's a good pain.

Wedding plans are ticking along, with MF finally getting around to designing the Save the Date cards. You give a guy ONE THING to do, and it takes him a month...unreal! In this time I have chosen attendents, chosen and purchased my dress and veil, chosen a Bridesmaids dress, researched and booked florist, officiate, location and photographer. Save the Date cards must have been a real trial!

Our parents meet for the first time tonight, and our engagement party is on Saturday, followed by our engagement photo shoot on Sunday. It's all go. Firing on all cylinders.

And in the midst of this chaos, I decided to start the South Beach diet. Realizing that "hey, I only have 2 1/2 months, or 11 weeks, or 82 days" (!) to get in shape before my fitting, I knew it was time to get it in gear. That, and my engagement shoot, was enough incentive to do something NOW. The diet is tolerable. Neither hard nor easy. I'm never hungry but never exactly full either. I hope it works for me. The diet, combined with some serious exercise has seen the scale shift in the past week. I am pleased to have lost 5 pounds (most of it water weight due to the minimal carbs) but I am hoping to progress into a more slow and steady decline eventually.

Wish me luck for tonight! Not for the parent thing, no...I need luck to choose something off the menu that isn't slathered in some sort of sauce! Mmmm, sauce....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.