Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tick-Tock

I've developed a twitch (or tick) in my left hand. ANNOYING! These things usually develop for me after a bout with stress, when I am back in recovery mode. I think that my muscles get so tight for so long when stressed, that as soon as I start to relax a tiny bit, either my eye or my hand gets a mind of its own. It's like coming down with a cold the second you get on holiday...one moment of letting go and your body lets go completely.

The business I am in is extremely cyclical. Summers are dead quiet, Septembers are murder, end of year (as with every business with a bottom line) is hellish. And May is, well, just brutal. So I am glad to see the end of it, and my hand twitching at least spells a winding down towards summer.

The whole summer is now stretched out in front of me...hopefully a series of days and weekends of sun, languidity and softball, maybe a theme park or two, and lots of walking. Sounds like heaven. MH and I always promise to spend more of the summer out and about, so I hope this summer is less like the last (promising but never coming through with our outdoorsy committments). My brother arrives in late August (yesterdays most extravagant purchase...a plane ticket for his b-day) and I look forward to the planning of that too...to share some of Canada with him by himself. More on this later.

So, tick (literally) tock, time passes, and days get longer. 29 degrees promised for Sunday. I just hope it all follows through.
 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.