Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Just when you think things are normal again...

My sweet friend, L, travelled to my wedding all the way from England, which was very nice and totally unexpected. Of course that DID mean that I had to also go to witness her marriage, a mere 6 weeks later. After just paying for my own wedding, it was a little painful to put down the credit card for the flight, the gift and the car rental but hey, what are friends for? I was really looking forward to seeing her married on March 25th.

So, Monday rolls around and I get a call...they'd called off the wedding. I don't expect an explanation, but wow, that's big news. I can't even imagine what she's going through, even though it was a mutual decision.

So, I can't get any money back from the flight so I'm still going, but it's going to be a weird little trip. See, I could only take three days off work, so this is a real whistlestop visit, and one that I really am loathe (financially anyway) to take right now. Work is crazy and I'd just rather not spend the money on three days. But hey, here it is and here I am.

But I do get enormous motherly brownie points, as I will be at home for Mothering Sunday (English Mother's Day). But $1000 is a lot to spend on brownie points, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.