Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Siblings...

As if juggling my own cracked life wasn't hard enough, I am cursed with caring way too much about the life of others. I just constantly give a damn. It's very tiring.

I have 4 siblings, of which I am the eldest. My brother B is now 24, my sister E is turning 18, brother C is turning 16 and sister T is turning 14. B now lives here in Toronto with his girlfriend, T is also here with my Dad and Stepmum, but E and C are back at home. From what I hear, they aren't doing so well.

E is terribly upset that we have basically all left the country (and in turn, her) and despite invitations to visit, plane tickets being delivered, phone calls, emails and general pleadings, her mood won't lift. She is so depressed that she now doesn't want to go to University and doesn't want to celebrate her 18th, saying "What's the point, no-one is here". I don't know what to do with her. I still care deeply about her wellbeing and worry constantly, but there is only so much I can do from so far away. What should I do for her 18th (save for dropping in...I don't get vacation time until almost October)?

I don't want to gloss it over with flowers, I want it to mean something, but what can I do from so far away? Also, she is unable to visit during that time, so even if I bought a ticket and paid for everything, she still wouldn't come.

Any suggestions? I have almost the same dilemma for my brother C, who turns 16 in 3 months...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.