Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Did I mention what a sweetie MB is?

I was met with a troop of women bearing flowers on Wednesday. Since there is no reception desk, the flowers came to the first person that the delivery guy came across...and upon hearing that the flowers were for me (whom nobody had yet met) there was the huge task of finding out where I sit. One by one, all of the women in the office (yes, all 80 of them) joined the search. So, I was basically accosted by 52% of the company while eating a ham sandwich and checking my email...who were they from, aren't they nice, is it your birthday?

Of course, they were congratulating me on my new position, something he promised me that he wouldn't do, as money is tight. But that meant the world, as you always hope to get those tokens, even if you request not to have them!

(sidenote: everytime I get flowers, I check the card, just in case they aren't from MB (which they were, of course). I've made a catastrophic error to that effect with an ex!)

Then, on being picked up on Thursday night, I was whisked off to dinner at the poshest restaurant, followed by martinis at my favourite jazz club JUST BECAUSE! I am really blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.