Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Dispatches from Cuba: Issue 2 - Nuthin' Doin'

I don't think I have ever been in an environment with so much going on, and I absolutely no desire to do any of it. No volleyball, no Latin Dancing lessons, nuthin'. My entire day consists of sitting under the sun, slathered in Factor -2 and feeling the burn. Everything always looks better when you are tanned, don't you know? Back at work, all I have to do is look at my golden brown (and prematurely aging) hands and feel good about things. Thighs look better in gold. Cellulite looks MUCH better in gold. Believe me, I was glad when my fellow touristas started turning colour...much easier on the eye. All in all, the schedule was pretty jammed packed with sheer nothingness:

6am - Scamper down to the pool to reserve pool loungers with shade for MB (trust me, this was the only exertion of the holiday)
9am - Breakfast: Eggs to order, toast and pain au chocolat. Fresh squeezed orange juice and Cuban coffee.
9.30am - Bake @ 30 degrees
11.30am - Pool break and rum spiked beverage
12 noon - Read a bit. Another rum.
1pm - Lunch: Grilled fish, calamari and salad
2pm - Bake
4pm - Swim in ocean, following a Cuba Libre (you guessed it, it's rum)
6pm - Dinner
8pm - Cocktails at the piano bar
9pm - The Show (another post on this later)
10pm - Cocktails
12pm - Bed

All in all, a terribly stressful holiday. I hated every minute :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.