Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary

Barlet Starlet provides a strange combination of humour, cynicism and moxy, with a healthy dash of gosh-darn it mentality and romantic idealism. Stir. Pour.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Brazilian vs. Mothra

To reward myself for getting this new job, and for not crying too much during the arduous process, I'm treating myself and MB to a much needed vacation. We are off to the sunnier climes of Cuba, hopefully for some relaxation, some good food and some n*ked frollicking. This is very much a last minute deal, as I am still working off my notice here for the week, then jetting out on Friday afternoon. It is unbelievable bad timing though, in the sense that it is fast approaching March break, and therefore all of those great deals you are supposed to get on last-minutes are out the window. We are practically paying full price, which I can ill-afford since I am not getting paid for the week that I am off. However, I just got to that point where you don't care what it costs or how long it will take to pay off...I just NEED it, regardless of petty things like financial status. Also, my new job has a probation period of 6 months, in which I am not allowed to go on vacation. That takes me to late September, by which time I will be a snarling, shaky mess. All things told, we have to go NOW.

So instead of worrying my pretty brain with matters of money, notice, and who is going to cat-sit, I've decided to make a list of gorgeous things I need / want for my holiday. I've also included a list of how long I will have to work (at my new job) to pay them off:

1) Flip-flops = One hour
2) Pink Pashmina = Two and a half hours
3) Cropped jeans = Three hours
4) Brazilian Bikini Wax = Two and a half god-forsaken and uncomfortable hours
5) Parking at the airport for the week = Five hours (ouch)
6) Various sparkly things to adorn myself with = Two hours
7) Short shorts = Two hours
8) Pretty party dress = Anywhere from two to eight hours (scale from Gap to Bebe)
9) Suntan lotion, fake tan, poofy sparkly skin stuff = Two hours
10) Venus Refills = Half an hour

So, this sojourn is going to have me working for 16.5 days to pay off, plus an additional 3 days for the ecoutrements.

LOVE IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

«xBlogxPhilesx»

http://ping.blo.gs/?name=Barlet Starlet's Life Less Ordinary&url=http://barletstarlet.blogspot.com/.